Friday, October 17, 2008

There's no sex in your violence...

Yesterday at work the first buy I did was for a late-thirties or early-forties guy selling kids dvds. He casually mentioned when I was finishing up that today he has an audition to play bass for Gavin Rosdale. After he saw that I wasn't really interested he said: "I figured since you worked at a record store you'd be able to appreciate that." I then mentioned that I enjoyed bush's first releases, but his new stuff sucks... he agreed and said he was only auditioning because if he got the "gig" it would pay 300 bucks a night (sell out?)

Either way I didn't really understand why the guy would want to quit his job to play bass for Gavin Rosdale for a few weeks, especially when he has kids, and is selling their dvds (he even haggled me into paying him five bucks, 50¢ more than my orginal offer) so he can buy a pack of smokes. It just doesn't seem like a good decision..





Hey! I might know someone in the band!

--c!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home