Monday, December 1, 2008

bah hurmburger

So the other day an older dude came up to the buy counter selling a bunch of punk cd's, and in typical buy counter patron/buyer fashion, we engaged in small talk. He asked me if I was a punk connoisseur. "My punk days are over," I replied. He then asked me about what bands I listened to and after discovering we used to have very similar tastes, he turned me on to this portly gentleman...



Jay Reatard.

I thought this guy was from England and maybe that's why I liked it so much... turns out he's from like Tennesseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee yeee haaaaaaw!

--c!

1 Comments:

At December 8, 2008 at 11:09 PM , Blogger Michael said...

I've been curious about Jay Reatard since Deerhunter did a split with him. Hadn't heard any of his music before until now though. Interesting....

And I may be weird but I keep the small talk to a minimum at the buy counter. I prefer to just get it done and actually hope they don't constantly talk to me during it. Not that I'll ignore them or anything, I just don't usually engage. The quicker I can finish the buy, the sooner I can get back to the ten other things I'm probably in the middle of.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home