Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Race Card?

A few days ago a customer asked me if I could call the Berkeley store to see if they had a certain dvd in stock. I politely told the customer that the mgmt (har!) didn't want us doing that anymore ( it takes up the cashier's precious time.) I also informed the customer that he can call the 1-800 number and they'd be happy to check the inventory of any of our stores. The customer then got really frustrated and told me "is it that hard to pick up the phone and just call Berkeley for me!?"

This guy had a blue tooth in his ear.

I then told the customer that my manager (whom (is that the proper use?) was 10 ft away from us)) was on the phone and that it is the only phone line we have. Then he walked up to her and I walked away.

Later a friend came up to me and said the customer told my manager: "If I was the other color he would have done called for me."

Seriously guy?


I'm not white, and I know that's what he assumed. I was doing my job, and he was being a big baby crying becuase he didn't get his, lazy way. It never ceases to amaze me how many people have that card ready and waiting to use at any given time, in any situation, even for the littlest ones. This kind of thing happens all the time, at every job I've had. Maybe I should start pulling the race card too, or trying to look more... "Mexican/brown" I guess...


Just kidding, I like the surprised look on people's faces when I start speaking spanish.


--c!

1 Comments:

At December 28, 2008 at 8:37 AM , Blogger C4R0L1N4 said...

I like the suprised looks. Especially after they've been talking crap about you, thinking that you have no clue. Yeah... those are the best.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home