Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day 1,211...

... of my employment at Rasputin Music San Lorenzo.

I'm writing from the comfort of my little brother's bedroom.

I'm also feeling very cold... perhaps it's the fact that my mom turned off the heater before she left this morning, or maybe it's because I rode my bike home in the pouring rain not realizing how bad the storm was, either way I'm very cold.

I guess the biggest thing on my mind (aside from wondering what terrible thing happend on my 666th day of employment: the guy that peed in my section when my replacement was late? One of my bffs transfering to the store in the meth capitol of northern California (and home of Pavement) ultimately destroying our friendship?) is how truly different working at a record store was compared to what I thought it would be like. That little short clip from Human Giant, High Fidelity, and Empire Records (gag) have been the biggest misrepresentation of what it is to be employed in line of work.

Here's something you wish you forgot!!!!!!!!


Eat your heart our "Adult Contemporary!" You only exist because we didn't want our parents listening to the same stuff music as us!

(R.I.P.) Musicland, that little store in Haymont Village I never went to, and my faith in America's youth to keep me employed. (Thanks a lot My Chemical Romance exclusive download & AC/DC (I'm gonna say "Facis-Mart" (I don't wanna risk mentioning their real name on my blog or I might be put on a Government watch list)) exclusives.)

I guess this is just a rant... sooooo yeah. I hope you had a good laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home